I want to share some layering tips:
1. Stick to the same color family. No matter your choice, try to go with colors that can all fit in the same color family.
2. Layering a longer thinner piece under a shorter thicker piece. Wearing a tunic style long sleeve shirt under a short leather jacket with 3/4 sleeves and a scarf can give you a stylish and chic look.
3. Mix different fabric. The rule is thinner, lighter fabric always stay underneath.
4. Defined waist makes petite frame more proportional. Try a belt or fitted jacket to give some shape and dimension to the outfit.
5. Scarf is an essential item to achieve a layered look.
Fabby readers, do you have other layering ideas want to share with us?
Down Vest: Burberry Brit (old)
Sweater Coat: Vince (Available Here)
Colored Jeans: J Brand in Merlot. Style “Maria” ( Higher rise waist, very comfortable). Similar Here
Boots: Chie Mihara (Style “Marbor” 2011 winter collection)
Scarf: Givenchy (similar here)